Why should you attend?
- If product and procedure reimbursement is a key factor for successful market access.
- understand processes that could reduce time bringing products to market.
- If you are looking at a strategic approach to market access to optimise efficiencies.
- If you need to successfully communicate a value proposition for your technology.
- If you want to be part of the solution, not the problem, of managing the business of health care cost effectively.
Who should attend?
Any medical device company representative who is involved in introducing new health technologies to the market, including:
- Chief Executives,
- Business Unit Managers,
- Product Managers,
- Marketing Managers and
Market Access Managers.
Information session: 2 March 2023
Where and how HTA can support patient access to innovation
Inviting all Medical Technology colleagues wishing to gain perspective on:
- Importance of using HTA for medical devices
- How HTA can promote patient access to innovative medical devices
- What role can industry play in expediting HTA decision making
Study Unit 1: Navigating the South African Healthcare Environment
- A background to the SA healthcare industry
- Key industry demographics and relevant economic indicators
- An understanding of the industry structure and relationships
- Current industry dynamics that are worth watching
- Macro environmental factors that may influence the market
- The ability to navigate market access hurdles and processes
Study Unit 2: Health Technology Management
- A framework for Heath Technology Management (HTM) and how to manage the technology life-cycle
- Knowledge of where Health Technology Assessment (HTA) fits into the above framework and how it may offer a strategic approach to introducing and/or repositioning health technologies
- Context for where HTM fits into the health technology regulatory framework of South Africa
- Insight into three distinct components of HTM and unpacking these in the context of business
- Pre-HTA: pre-launch activities (in fact, a decision to launch can be made after this time)
- HTA: unpacking the clinical message and value proposition
- Post HTA
- A continuous but closed loop (not linear) approach to managing health technologies
Study Unit 3: Developing a Market Access Strategy
- Knowledge on how to efficiently align business and reimbursement strategies
- A systemic approach to developing a market access strategy for any health technology, as aligned with the company's business strategy
- An understanding of who the various stakeholders are in the decision making process, their respective influence on each other and your market access strategy
- A framework for defining a meaningful value proposition to each relevant stakeholder
- A guide on collating the information and creating the "dossier"
Duration - April-May
of completion awarded
Fees (excl VAT)
R3740 Corp Members
R3975 Stand Members
R4210 Ind Members
R4675 Non Members
3 live sessions
with Mark Brand via Zoom
Meet the Course Developer and Author
Independent HTA Consultant; MBA; Electrical Engineering; HTA (USB)
Click on image for bio
Please note that dates, topics and presenters are subject to change.